Ps.| Pro Snipers Clan Forums
Please Log In To Post On Our Forums, Only Those Who Are Logged On Can View The Apply Forum.
Please Log In To Post On Our Forums, Only Those Who Are Logged On Can View The Apply Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ps.| Pro Snipers COD4 Clan Forums

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Ps.| Pro Snipers Clan Forums ----- Click Here To View Our New Youtube Channel. ----- Roll Call is Ready for Ps.| Clan Members ----- Click Here To Fill it.

Viper is gonna be gone for a while...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ps.|Viper|A
Admin
Admin
Ps.|Viper|A

Viper is gonna be gone for a while... Empty
PostSubject: Viper is gonna be gone for a while...   Viper is gonna be gone for a while... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:52 pm

Well today I come home to play some CoD4 and PC wouldn't load. It froze up so I let it sit - for about an hour - after that I shut it down and checked the BIOS. It recognized SATA 1 (my CD drive) but not SATA 0 (my HD).

So long and short I think I have a dead HD. Damnit. Mad Mad I checked connections, wires ect with no luck. Luckly (thank the Lord) I still have a warrantly on the PC itself. So tomorrow I'm going to Best Buy and gonna see what the Geeks can do. Hopefully I can get at least some of the data off of it.

So I just wanted to say that I might not be as active for a while till I get it fixed. Thankfully I got a laptop last year so I will (hopefully) be able to get on here sometimes, but as far as gaming goes I'm done until my rig is back up.

I'm looking at getting a 1 TB (sadly not a SSD) but I'm trying to compare makes/models. I'm stuck between Seagate Barracuda and Western Digital.
The best one I have found (so far) is a Western Digital 1 TB, 7200RPM, 64Mb cache, 6GB/s interface that comes with a 5-year warranty for $89.99

If you guys could offer any help in deciding between makes/models I would appreciate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Viper is gonna be gone for a while...   Viper is gonna be gone for a while... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 am

oh sad
Back to top Go down
Ps.|Viper|A
Admin
Admin
Ps.|Viper|A

PostSubject: Re: Viper is gonna be gone for a while...   Viper is gonna be gone for a while... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:49 am

Yea....
Just got a call from Best Buy and they said its dead. Mad Mad They tried plugging it into different machines, date recovery machines, they even tore it apart and tried putting the platters into a different HD. They couldn't get a thing off of it. So now I have to get some Vista re-installation disks from Dell. They said if I got the disks they would put Vista back on it, along with any other programs I had on it before.
Back to top Go down
Ps.|iSnipe<3|E
Elite Squad
Elite Squad
Ps.|iSnipe<3|E

PostSubject: Re: Viper is gonna be gone for a while...   Viper is gonna be gone for a while... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 pm

perfect time to upgrade to win 7 lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Viper is gonna be gone for a while...   Viper is gonna be gone for a while... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Viper is gonna be gone for a while...
Page 1 of 1